Japan Communications has specialized in the translation of Japanese and English documents since 1984. Unlike companies that offer translation services in multiple language pairs, our 30 years’ experience in providing Japanese-English translation services allows us to offer superior quality and value. Close collaboration between our in-house, native Japanese and native English-speaking staff ensures that documents are accurately translated and that the cultural and linguistic subtleties of the source are preserved.
At Japan Communications, all steps of the Japanese translation process are structured to ensure thorough communication between our Project Managers and clients so that our clients’ needs are fully satisfied.
Our emphasis on quality does not keep us from doing everything we can to keep costs down for clients. Thorough communication between our Project Managers and clients means that clients pay for only the services they want and need.
No job is too small or too large for us. We will work with you and your budget. Contact us for information.
Our team of specialist translators, editors and proofreaders handles all general and technical subject matter. This includes but is not limited to the following.
- Pharmaceuticals and Medicine
- Medical Equipment and Bio-technology
- Automotive and other Manufacturing
- Tourism and Travel
- Information Technology (IT)
- Sales and Marketing
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Food and Agriculture
Japan Communications handles all common document types, including but not limited to the following.
- Manuals, Guidelines, Instructions
- PR Material: Annual Reports, Press Releases
- Litigation documents
- Clinical Trial Reports
- Patents, Technical Specifications
- Marketing Materials: Brochures, Sales Sheets, Business Cards
- Certificates, Contracts and other Legal Documents
- Academic Literature
- Business proposals
At Japan Communications, we emphasize quality in all we do. This is why we always use experienced expert human translators for our Japanese translations and never use machine translation. Machine translation involves the automatic translation of a text by a machine, replacing the human in the process. Computer-aided translation involves the use of translation memories (TMs), which store segments of translations created by human translators, making them available for reference when the translator encounters similar segments in the document or related documents. This resembles a personal dictionary. At Japan Communications, translation is done by human translators supported by CAT tools.
Japan Communications uses CAT tools to:
- Ensure consistency both throughout a single document and across multiple documents.
- Accelerate the translation process
- Reduce costs
- Provide savings to the client
How does it work?
At Japan Communications, CAT tools are used throughout the translation process as follows.
Our exclusive focus on the Japanese-English language pair means we are able to provide a high level of quality.
We manage quality through a series of procedures and guidelines developed over our company’s 30-year history. Key aspects are listed below.
- Our translators are native speakers of the target language.
- Our TEP (translation, editing, proofreading) is based on the idea that every Japanese translation must be thoroughly checked and revised by a second translator. Editing and proofreading is always done by in-house linguists.
- High Japanese translation quality starts with initial project assessment. Our bilingual project managers coordinate this initial assessment, which involves the input and participation of the client and translator. The project manager determines the requirement for and availability of reference material and confirms project details. Files are reviewed by a linguist/translator in order to select the translator with the right expertise for the job.
- Translation often involves an ongoing communication process, wherein we check in with clients for clarification and further information.
- We are committed to training and making ongoing improvements. Our staff is trained in the latest software tools to ensure efficiency, consistent terminology, and overall quality. Our editors/proofreaders provide feedback to translators through project managers. This supports translators’ ongoing development.